- 1929 active oil & gas wells, compressors and processors on public lands
- 4 HUNDRED people live in the threat radius
- 19 schools are in the threat radius
How many oil and gas wells on public lands are in Montana?
Who is affected by oil and gas pollution on public lands in Montana?
- Populations in the north are threatened by air pollution due to oil and gas wells on public lands.
- Many lands in Montana are affected, over 732 square miles, which are popular for recreation and outdoor activities.
Public Lands Threat Map on Facebook and Twitter
The best way to make change is to make more people aware that there’s a problem that needs fixing.
Call the Bureau of Land Management at 844-896-8119!
Tell the Trump Administration that:
- We need protect our children’s health by keeping important methane safeguards in place.
- Air pollution from the oil and gas industry impacts over 12 million people in this country, including 3 million children.
- Protections that require the industry to reduce methane pollution are cost effective and common sense.
- Our health, as well as the our planet’s climate, deserves to be protected from dangerous air pollution.
For more information about efforts to protect the public, visit: methanefacts.org